Paranoia Password Manager
A fresh start...
The old PPM project for Firefox has been abandoned and we thought that the new PPM project would deserve a new and more functional web site. So, this is it...
What is Paranoia?
Paranoia is a secure private password management extension for Google Chrome.
Most importantly, Paranoia is different from other password management applications in the way that it does not use a public server to store your data. You will have to set up your own private password storage (apache, php, mysql).
Paranoia for now it does one thing. It gives you the possibility to register PassCards and during navigation on matching Urls it will fill in the login forms for you.
What is NOT Paranoia?
Paranoia, for now, is not a complete application. It misses quite a lot of features, especially commodities, that other similar applications have. It, however, works (and I'd like to add it does not have annoying popups "Do you want this/that?").
Paranoia is not for dummies. Even though the installation process is not at all difficult, it requires you to have access to at least one server where you can set up an Apache vhost and a MySql database.
- Private storage (no storing of passwords on the cloud)
- Multiple Encryption Schemse based on 256bit Aes Encryption
- Regular expression based url matching
- Quick username/password fill-in or one-click copy
- Configurable password generator
- Intelligent loading (passwords will only be requested from server if needed - no preload)
- Configuration saved encrypted on sync storage
NOTE: The current PPM version in only in english. As soon as we have a stable base version up and running we will put up the language files for translation.
For in-depth explanation about PPM please refer to the Documentation.